Monday 17 December 2012

SMART/IWB Presentation



11.12.12 - In today’s ICT lesson we presented our SMART/Interactive Whiteboard (IWB’s) lesson plan to two peers. I presented a lesson for a Year 4 class looking at the Ancient Greece: The Olympian Gods and Goddesses.

My presentation included a brief description of Mount Olympus and each of the 12 Gods and Goddesses. To clarify an understanding of the topic and to make the lesson more engaging and exciting, I included interactive resources: reveal erase, balloon pops and a timeline. From using these resources I understand how the IWB is
a great way for teachers to engage and stimulate children in learning. 


The feedback to my lesson was very positive. My peers found the presentation eye catching because of the visuals used and easy to follow. I was advised that I had differentiated appropriately to include EAL children. I did include a lot of information so it was suggested that I could concentrate on a few Gods/Goddesses at a time. I was very pleased with my feedback and I look forward to incorporating these ideas/resources into the classroom. 


 ''I  AM SAD TO SAY THAT THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY LAST BLOG....

IT'S BEEN AN ADVENTURE. I HAVE BEEN TAKEN OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE, ENTERED INTO THE 21ST CENTURY (SOME MAY ARGUE THAT IT'S ABOUT TIME) AND I BELIEVE THAT MY CONFIDENCE WITH TECHNOLOGY HAS GROWN. I NOW LOOK FORWARD TO BEING ABLE TO APPLY MY LEARNT KNOWLEDGE TO THE CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT. I PROMISE TO TRY MY VERY BEST AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING LEARNING ENGAGING, MOTIVATING AND STIMULATING FOR ALL CHILDREN...WISH ME LUCK :) ''

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear your confidence has grown. Good luck in using what you have learned on SBT1 and SBT2

    ReplyDelete